• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Skybolt for sale

DFWbipe

Reaction score
Skybolt 1981, 0-360 A1A 180 hp, Hartzell CS 2 blade prop, just completed extensive condition inspection, ready to rock, Hooker harnesses both cockpits,B&C light weight starter,smoke system, spades,new ignition harness and plugs, 490hrs ttae, flys great. 770-654-1111. [email protected] . 40K OBO

image.jpg

Last edited:

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Please post a price.

cashflyer

Reaction score
Is it the one in your profile pic?
Seems like I just saw that one, or one similar, for sale last year.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
It has sold several times in thew past 2 years. I wanted it at one point but it got sold right before I got to fly out to see it.

DFWbipe

Reaction score
Price is $40000.00. Yes the one on my profile pic. I'll post more pics soon. I need to figure out how. I love this bipe, it flies wonderfully, but I have a bad case of gotta have a Pitts itis.

image.jpg

Last edited:

DFWbipe

Reaction score
The man I bought the plane from bought the bipe to learn to fly, no previous flying experience . He realized his error and I got it from him. The man he bought it from was a retired airline pilot who had owned it for years. This Skybolt won "Best Bipe" at a fly-in this past summer. Lots of bipes there.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful plane. What kind of performance are you getting with the 180 and c/s prop ?

DFWbipe

Reaction score
Thanks Christopher. Jerry, normal cruise 135 mph at about 9 gph. I use 25 square for aeros at 140 mph+. About 13 gph. Solo takeoffs, 100 mph climb out, I usually see 1300 to 1500 fpm. Light fuel load, 85 mph climb out, I have seen 1800 fpm. I have not timed the roll rate , but it gets around good. I really do love flying this 'Bolt, if I could afford 2 planes, it would not be for sale.

image.jpg

Last edited:

DFWbipe

Reaction score
Still looking for qualified owner/caretaker for my 'bolt.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful bird! Give me a couple of years to finish my SMP, ring it out, and sell it.

DFWbipe

Reaction score
I added transponder for those interested, KT76A. Price reduced, need to sell fast. I have found my next.

JoeRocket

Registered Users
Reaction score
I'll be in the market in about 2 or 3 more months. I really love this plane but just can't do it yet. :(

cashflyer

Reaction score
I don't know why it has not occurred to me before, but I just realized that you are only about 45 minutes away from me. (assuming you are at KGVL)

If you still have the plane in June, fly out to the Triple Tree "Fabric and Tailwheel Luncheon"
http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/fabric-tailwheel-lunch.php

Or to Breakfast on July 21
http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/sc-breakfast-club.php

Triple Tree has a much bigger fly-in for September, also.
http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/triple-tree-fly-in.php

(edit: I suggest these events because they have good attendance; may be good exposure)

Last edited:

Major Tom

Registered Users
Reaction score
I added transponder for those interested, KT76A. Price reduced, need to sell fast. I have found my next.
Is the Bolt still for sale? Of so, what is the new price? I have $ but not original asking price.
Thanks,
Tom

DFWbipe

Reaction score
Yes still for sale. $35000.00 firm. Sale is pending, but first $ flies it home.

Latest posts