• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt Fuselage Stolen in Kent, WA - NEED HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyJ

Reaction score
Guys, bear with me. It's a convoluted story but we really need the community to come together to solve this.

A few months ago I sold a Skybolt project (link to the ad http://www.biplaneforum.com/showthread.php?t=14497 ) to a fellow in Argentina (Jetcaptain here on the forum). He was going to have this project containerized and shipped with another complete Skybolt already in Washington state. The buyer, Gustavo Fernandez (Jetcaptain) was so overjoyed when he purchased it he was practically in tears, and I felt great to sell to someone I knew would finish the project out.

Sometime around April 15 the fuselage was stolen from a hangar from Crest Air Park in Kent, WA. Apparently they just attached the tailwheel to the hitch and drove off with it in a blue Dodge pickup.

Initially, it was thought they would recover it, but so far there has been no progress from the police.

I understand I have no responsibility for what has happened here, but the buyer is in Argentina with less than good English skills, so I am making a plea on his behalf for everyone to think about who could have done this, and to help make this really ****ty situation right.

There is no reason for a random person to steal a fuselage. This has to be someone building (or repairing) a Skybolt. One of us surely knows him, or knows of him. Hell, he's probably a member of the forum.

My guess is that someone near Kent, WA tweaked up a Skybolt and found a less painful way of fixing his problem. So if anybody knows of a Skybolt that was out of commission in that area that could have benefited from airframe/gear parts, please contact me with any information you have, and I will pass that onto Gustavo's representative here in the states.

We as a community have to fix this. It was not only a rotten thing to do, but it looks horrible for the country, and I am ashamed that one of my countrymen could do something so low. I don't care if the perpetrator is a friend of yours, turn him in. There are larger issues at work here than just someone trying to take a shortcut on a project. It makes all of us look bad.

And if the thief is reading this, I ask you to tow the thing out to a desolate field somewhere and call the cops. No one is going to prosecute you, because the offended party is out of the country. You just need to set things right, capische? Step up to the plate and fix what you have done.

stolen skybolt.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back