• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt N1EX for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend of mine, just recovered this Skybolt and is going to list it on Barnstormers. $44,000 is the asking.. Here are some pics and his contact information.. I haven't flown in it yet... Maybe I will before someone buys it..

He has a Grass strip so hasn't covered the Gear....It's got a ClamShell Canopy...

The FAA Registration has Maserole as the Manufacturer.. Any information would be appreciated if you guys know this builder. A local Skybolt Builder and Gentleman Builder Rigged it for Mike. (Same friend that rigged mine)

Steen Skybolt Model 78.1 Serial number WM-1, Registration number N1EX
Empty weight 1361 lbs, Gross weight 2000 lbs
Engine Continental E 225.8-0470
Propeller Hartzell Constant Speed
TTSN Hobbs 313
Engine 80 hours SMOH
Prop 18 hours SMOH
Radio King Kx125 Nav Com
PM1000 II intercom system
Narco AT 150 TSO transponder

Recovered with polyfiber and new paint

Mike Eaton 256-710-4288