• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt Partnership at KPAE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bipedream

Registered Users
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]50% partnership in a 1992 Steen Skybolt offered at KPAE for $17,000

Airplane specs
[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lycoming IO-360-C1C 200 hp[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]~415TT/SMOH[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Constant speed prop[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Inverted fuel[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raven inverted oil (installed in 2014)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Firebolt landing gear[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rear cockpit has a few extra inches[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flightline FL-760 flip-flop 2.25" comm (new 2014)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Garmin GX-55 GPS
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mode-C transponder[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nexus 7 Tablet GPS/moving map with Garmin GLO (GPS+GLONASS)
    [/FONT]
  • Commit Lift USB charger hard wired
  • Sigtronics stereo intercom
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Full electrical, lightweight starter and alternator
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]~1210lb empty (lightweight battery could get empty weight under 1200 lb and is on the to-do list)
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aviation products tailwheel[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]28 gallon main tank with 9 gallon aux tank in the wing[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dual controls but brakes in rear pit only
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hangared at Paine Field (KPAE) in Everett, WA.

I bought this Skybolt from the original builder. I have photo documentation of the build and all records/logs back to the maiden flight. I also have the Skybolt plans and the Firebolt supplements this airplane was built from with the builder's notes.

Please be local and either be insurable in an aerobatic biplane or willing to get the training.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Pitts S1S would fit really nicely in the hangar with the Skybolt and I'd be interested if someone wants to make a deal to split fixed costs and partner to have access to both a 1 & 2 seat biplane.
[/FONT]
Thanks,
Matt Orr
[/FONT]

20150806_170402.jpg

20150806_170618.jpg

Picture9.jpg

IMG_20150715_082234894.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back