• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt Project 95% complete For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

A local Skybolt builder wishes to sell an almost ready to fly project. He isn't an internet type of guy, so he has asked me to post this for him. The plane is at Lakeway, Austin, Texas. $47K OBO. PM me for his contact details, if interested.I have seen the build several times, and it looks good quality. The engine has been rebuilt. The rebuild was done by a local engine guy - who I know very well (he's also our chapter EAA tech counselor, I plan on using him for my engine rebuild).uploads/20110928_063701_N51PR_logs22222.pdf
"Fuselage is completed, covered,
primed and ready forpaintand cowlings finished and primed.
Lycoming IO-540 D4-A5 with fresh extensive overhaulis installed(275hp)
and fire sleeved oil and gas lines complete. Hartzellprop from a 2 place
Pitts is included. Instruments installed and complete with electrical stubbedthrough
firewall ready to finish hooking to engine. Inverted Christian oil and 2 tanks
for gas with flop tube.Interior complete and factory tilt canopy frame
installed and ready to fit on bubble canopy(have canopy).Just need to do
engine wiring and canopy and ready to fly. Everything has been fitted and ready
to go back together, and I have all flying wires and fittings. I have over $80,000. in it to date trying to make it a show winner
and know the engine/prop combo alone is worth $30,000 to an RV-10 builder."
20110928_063449_012.jpg

20110928_063509_091411113622.jpg

20110928_063524_Skybolt_picture.jpg

20110928_063534_Skybolt_picture.jpg

20110928_063546_Skybolt_picture.jpg

Latest posts

Back