• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt project w/0 time IO-520D23M now not for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybolt67

Reaction score
I don't have time to finish working on my project and shop that is completing it for me is costing too much. It has a Continental IO-520D23M 300hp(285hp continuous)0 time with inverted system. Emphenage poly fiber covered and painted up through silver. New Steen Aerolab lower wings poly fiber covered and painted up through silver. Upper wing 4 years old recovered poly fiber and ready for paint. New RV dual prop controls. Fuselage repainted and ready to be covered(I have envelope from Aircraft Spruce and paint supplies to cover and paint up through silver), all new instruments including ICom A200 radio, Garmin 327 mode C transponder with blind encoder and the list goes on for instruments. I can post pictures from shop working on it. Final rigging is being done for final paint. I have spent alot of money on this Super Skybolt. I also have $5,000 down on an MT 3 bladed constant speed prop with steen aerolab. My Skybolt has a spilt firebolt nosebowl from Steen aerolab also. I have alot more information on my Skybolt plus pictures. $45,000 obo. It already has an airworthiness certificate and was built back in 1989. It was flying with an IO-470, but has an IO-520 now. There is only a five pound difference between the two engines and the 520 uses the same mount as the 470.

shop jobs 047.jpg

shop jobs 049.jpg

shop jobs 052.jpg

shop jobs 216.jpg

shop jobs 217.jpg

shop jobs 051.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back