• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

SkyBolt Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wminear

Reaction score
I am putting my Skybolt Project up for sale. I have decided to go with a finished plane rather than continue with mine. This project is very far along, it has a few more things needing to be finished and it will be ready to cover.

All of the wood work is pretty much done with the wings. The top wing still have the option of installing a fuel tank or not. The ailerons have been trial fit mounted. The fuselage has the tank mounted and all sheet metal panels are constructed and just need to be cleaned and customized to suit. The cowl is complete as well with a firebolt nose bowl. The cowl work was done when I got it so I'm not sure which engine it was cut for. The stainless firewall is in, it just needs finishing for exhaust.

I purchased a canopy from Steen which has the bubble still in the box. The tail feathers are installed. The rudder can be actuated with the rudder petals and the elevator moved with the stick. I have boxes of parts and odds and ends ready to be installed I just do not have the time to finish.

I do have Skybolt plans as well as the Skybolt builders guide from Beej printed and in binders as well as the Skybolt/Firebolt newsletters and the Firebolt plans which i purchased from Steen.

If you have any more questions please feel free to call.

Asking $15,000 I $25k invested. Offers welcome.

Wes Minear
870-530-5031

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Skybolt1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back