• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt Purchase Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crank73

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been looking for a biplane for the last 2 months or so. I have had my sights set on a Starduster Too, located at my local airport. Unfortunately that Starduster is no longer for sale, but I did hesitate buying it because it did not have certain creature comforts that I would like to have.
I understand that the Skybolt is not a Pitts, but I am looking for an aircraft that would primarily be used to perform moderate aerobatics, and airplane that can be thrown around from time to time. I would also like this aircraft to have heat (Cold winter up here in Canada). Lights for night VFR would be bonus, but not a show stopper.
The reason I am posting is because I have come across a Skybolt on Barnstormers. It was posted on 31 August and is located in Longmont Colorado for 52000.
I have read a couple of post in here saying that the plans changed in 93. This one was completed in 87.
I feel that this particular aircraft would meet my needs but would like to seek any advice wrt things I should be looking for prior to pulling the trigger as well as politely ask if this is a fair price.
Are there any builders in here that live relatively close to Longmont that may be interested in a pre buy?
I would appreciate any help or guidance.

Latest posts

Back