• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt ride in SoCal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLKnolla

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to Biplaneforum.com.

I am torn between completing one of my own designs or just buying/building a good solid plane from someone elses design.

Looking for 150-170mph cruise, 3-4 hr endurance, solid aerobatic capability and ramp appeal for occasional X-ctry as well as $100 hamburgers.

Considering purchaseor possible build of Skybolt or SA-750 AcroDuster Too and really need to experienceone in person to help with decision. Also currently considering Thorp T-18 (flown one), Long-EZ (flown one), RV-4 (not flown) and more recently have added Skybolt 260 and AcroDuster Too with 540 as potentials - I simply did not realize the big bipes cruised so well with big engines and CS props.

I am presently in San Diego, with access to Montgomery, Gillespie, Brown, Pomonaand the surrounding area.

Happy to pay for gas to get a few in-person data points.

Specifically interested in radial powered Skybolts (M-14P) if any flying.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Latest posts

Back