• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt Rudder Pedal Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFSOJ

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there

As I pull CFSOJ apart this winter, I find I need to refinish two of the brake and rudder pedals. Now this is a dumb question, but how do you get the Steen pedals out of the fuselage?!

I’ve pulled the cotter pin, which I gather holds a second tube inside the outer tubing, however is there a trick to removing the inner tubing so the centre section will simply lift away, or do the two small holes on either side of the upright portion of he pedal have any significance?!

Sorry for a silly question, but I sat in my “How The F%@k Do We Do This” chair, where I ponder solutions to things that baffle me with how this airplane was built ( the original builder forgot the adage “...how will I get that out in the future...), and it just isn’t coming to me, other to get the smaller inner tube out.

Cheers

Dave

Attachments

• 9B358CFC-DF44-4518-9198-5A3D7A5E0E17.jpeg
    9B358CFC-DF44-4518-9198-5A3D7A5E0E17.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Back