• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

skybolt vs firebolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaky

Reaction score
Hi all my name is Jak I am a biplane nut. I just love them but am a little confused. I just found this forum after visiting the skybolt tent at Sun-n-fun this year. Anyway I have the better parts of two skybolts / firebolts. After all the reading i've done I like the firebolt version better for all the reasons that makes it a firebolt. But I read here there seems to be a dislike of the gear on the firebolt (why) its not bungees. I have been told not to use the 540 because other than climb its to heavy to get into serious aerobatics. I don't know? I'm not into aerobatics.
I tradedmy corvettefor my first skybolt kit. The wings were done except for the leading edge and all the rest of the kit as from steen was there (all of it). Then I found a firebolt fuse on the gear ready to cover with some wing ribs built and the rest of the material to finish the ribs I got this at a very good price. The first came with a jacobs radial 497 hrs snew 0 stoh the second with a 540 mount. I dont care for eather the 540 mount or the jacobs so I have some trading materials if anyones interested. Could anyone please tell me what is supposed to be wrong with the Marquat landing gear. Thanks Jak

Latest posts

Back