• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skyote Fittings Documentation Sheets/Package

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasperfield

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

...a bit of commentary, here, as I commence to really begin building my airplane.

I have received the fittings and "prepared / furnished" parts from Mr. John Roberts' "FlyTeam88" and am now beginning to put things together. Many of the steel wing fittings, specified in the 2-dimensional Skyote drawings, are, by nature of the symmetry of biplane aircraft, both Lt-to-Rt symmetrical, but also inversely... upside-down symmetrical. And, here, is the gist of my commentary...

The "Skyote Fittings Documentation Package", provided by FlyTeam88, shows me how to orient and use these fittings. Today, for example, as I was deburring the fittings via a steel brush wheel, I noticed that few parts were the same, although similar, not the same. ...Well, what the heck is this? So, I drug out the "Fittings Documentation Sheets" studied them, along with the fittings, and determined how the parts fit with the drawings, Lt-to-Rt, and wing-to-wing.

The documentation sheets, drawn in both 2D and 3D, are part of what FlyTeam88 has provided to make the Skyote buildable.

The thing about the Skyote is this: Everything is specified within the drawings; Yes, they are detailed, but everything is shown and all the parts are simply made.

Jasperfield

Latest posts

Back