• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skyote Progress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyote88

Registered Users
Reaction score
Skyote Fans,

We all want to see the Skyote design survive and to be successfully built in greater numbers. It's a very special design and deserves to be around for future generations of builders. This was one of my goals in trying to improve the Skyote building experience for others. I am happy to say that we are beginning to see some progress!

In the past two months three new Skyote builders have joined our ranks and have chosen to go with the full array of Tech-Built Skyote components. More than a dozen others have chosen to purchase the Plans Supplement package and some portion of the components. In addition, several Skyote builders who had stopped working on their projects have resumed working with the benefit of Skyote plans supplements and select Tech-Built components.

Dale Doane of Doane Precision Frames is delivering two complete pre-welded fuselage, tail feather and landing gear sets this month and is beginning to build a back-log. If you are contemplating building a Skyote there has never been a better time. Best get it while you can!

The appearance of the Skyote on the cover of Kit Planes magazine and the nice feature article with PIREPS will surely generate additional interest and some new builders. Likely the number of flying Skyotes can at least double in the next five or six years.

As you know, my main motivation in offering Skyote builder's support is to raise funds for the Epworth Children's Home in Columbia, SC www.epworthchildrenshome.org . I am pleased to say that the total raised for the children has passed $10,000 and I expect to see another $10,000 in the coming year.

All in all, not a bad year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back