• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Skytec Starter

Flyingshortwing

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very lightly used Skytec Starter for sale. I had to go to the old boat anchor starter due to CG issues. Asking $350

Attachments

Snap

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many teeth does it have? 122 or the size I need? šŸ˜

tigwelder72

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a IO-360-CIC 200 hp Lycoming with the stater gear off the motor but I do have it in my possession.. Will your starter fit my motor? If it will then I will be happy to make an offer. Let me know how to proceed.

Flyingshortwing

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has a standard starter mount pattern. Skytec designed them to replace and use the original starter pattern. To my knowledge it should work fine.

MJulicher

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
122 or 149 tooth starter ring..... the part number on the SkyTec will tell you which ring it fits.
The 149 tooth starter ring has rounded valleys between the gear teeth. The 122 has trapezoidal teeth and valleys.
Or else you can just count the teeth.....
Best Regards,
Mark

Latest posts