• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Slick Start for Bendix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerobaticorsu

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hello,

I am cleaning my garage, I have a brand new, never used Slick Start SS1002 for Bendix Magnetos for sale.
I have never used it, and now my magneto are Slick so I do not need it anymore.
Asking 500usd + shipping (I will send it in the USA during a layover).

Patrick

br4nAq.jpg

LmfKVP.jpg

Here is the description from Aircraft spruce:
Improve your engine starting hot or cold Slick Start™ unleashes a firestorm of ignition energy to get your engine started and get you off the ground. SlickSTART is so effective, even sub-optimal fuel mixtures and seriously fouled plugs won’t stop the capacitive discharge output from providing the ignition boost your engine needs for reliable starts every time.

SlickSTART’s sure starting power...
Delivers up to 340% more spark energy to your plugs.
Overcomes poor engine priming.
Reduces costly electrical stress to your battery and starter.
Requires no maintenance.
Is approved for use with Slick magnetos.
Plus, it’s inexpensive and easy to install. Just add SlickSTART to your impulse coupled magnetos or replace your antiquated starting

The FAA-PMA approved SlickSTART™ magneto booster system integrates solid state electronics with conventional ignition hardware to deliver optimum spark energy for improved engine starting under all operating conditions. SlickSTART™ delivers over 400% more spark energy during start than conventional impulse coupled or retard breaker systems. This added energy enables the magnetos to fire partially fouled spark plugs, ignite less than optimum fuel mixtures, improve hot engine restarts, and improve starting performance during extreme cold weather operations.SlickSTART™ is designed to replace all TCM/Bendix starting vibrators used in conjunction with Slick Aircraft Products magnetos. SlickSTART™ is also approved for use with Slick impulse coupled magnetos to enhance engine starting performance. SlickSTART™ is not approved for installation on any airframe equipped with TCM/Bendix 20, 200, D-1200*, D-2000*, or D-3000* series impulse coupled or retard breaker magnetos.
SlickSTART™ can be installed with either impulse coupled or retard breaker magnetos and can be used with either 12 volt or 24 volt electrical systems. Fits all Slick impulse coupled and retard breaker 4200/6200 Series and 4300/6300 Series magnetos.

Latest posts

Back