• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Smith aw1a torch

Ddagasso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for a smith aw1a aviation torch and tips, light hose extensions would be nice as well
Regulators not required but if you have one you are no longer using I am in the market
Cheers,
Dano

cvairwerks

Reaction score
Dan, let me look into my tool box and check. I got 8 torch bodies in a deal a couple of years ago and think I have a couple left. Will check tonight when I get up and let you know.

cvairwerks

Reaction score
Dan: I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. I've got 5 AW-1A handles left. I got 8 of them from a welding supplier that was upgrading the weld shop in some facility. They converted 8 of the last 10 torch positions to TIG, and these were traded in as part of the deal. All are used and some have some dings or gouges on the body, but all threads look good and the valves feel good. I don''t have a set up here at the house to check them out. My rig is at the other house and both regulators need attention. I don't have any tips for them either. PM me if you are still interested and we will see what we can work out.

Dave S

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would also be interested in a Smith torch body if you have any left.

cvairwerks

Reaction score
Dave and Kevin: I'm asking 25$ plus shipping for them. I'll warp in bubble wrap and then insert it into a piece of 3" pvc pipe and send via priority flat rate.

Dan: will get yours out probably on Tuesday. Got to play the weight thing and have an accurate one or the post office will whine like crazy.

Dave S

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I am a computer dinosaur and don't do Facebook or Twitter, how do I
get in touch with you to make this deal happen?

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey cvair . I would like to purchase one of the torch handles if you have one left . To contact me click on the monkey and click on start a conversation . Not sure that it's allowed to put email or phone numbers on here . Give it a whirl and I'll get back to ya . Thanx Dennis

Latest posts