• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Smith Mini plane project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wcoyle

Reaction score
Ive outgrown my Smith mini plane project. Almost ready to fly, only needs some cowling fasteners and final assembly. Aircraft was finished in 1980 with 81 hours airframe time, Wings were re-covered in April 2013 using Poly fiber with approximately 25 hours on them. Aircraft was purchased with a failed O290G engine. Aircraft disassembled and fuselage forward of the turtle deck stripped, inspected and painted. New fuel tank fabricated, motor mound NDT'd, firewall modified with foot wells to move rudder pedals forward 3 inches. Lycoming O235 with unknown time and no logs installed. I pulled a cylinder and inspected lifters and cam and it appeared to be low time. Overhauled MA4spa carb installed from Avstar. mini alternator and full electric system installed with fuel pump and new Skytec starter. Trig remote com and transponder with wiring pigtails for GDL82. Empanage fabric shows its age and has some signs of paint cracking. Has been stored in an airconditioned hangar for the past 4 years, and always hangared. I'm to big to test fly it. Located X50 central Florida
IMG_3218.jpg

Needs a good home. Asking 12K OBO

Attachments

• IMG_3217.jpg
    IMG_3217.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3218.jpg
    IMG_3218.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3219.jpg
    IMG_3219.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 42