• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Smith Miniplane for sale $10,000 *REDUCED*

rookiefly

Reaction score
DSA-1 built in 2002 with C-85-8-FJ (fuel injected) engine that had major overhaul in '82. Located in Massey, Maryland at the Massey Aerodrome.

IMG_3771.JPG

IMG_3776.JPG

IMG_3824.JPG

IMG_3811.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3819.JPG

IMG_3815.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just noticed the empty weight of 523lbs. Seems very light...but I am not up to speed on what most SMP weigh. Looks like a nice plane. Good luck with the sale, I just thought I'd point out the weight for others to see if they haven't already. Any pictures of the engine un cowled? I've never seen an injected C-85 before...although I've heard of them.

Last edited:

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That seems bit light but is in the area of possible with the 85 and no electrical system. Mine is 717lbs. with an 0-235, full electric, radio, wheel pants, upholstered and padded seat, bigger head rest, baggage area, canopy, etc. Oh, and a EarthX battery.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not impossible but these things seem to gain weight with time just as much as their pilots:eek:

Latest posts