• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Smith miniplane for sale

Cobrasdh

Reaction score
I have a very nice smith miniplane for sale. Unfortunately with my grass runway going away and my lack of time I thinks its time to part ways with it. It has a very nice c90 stroker on it with about 35tt. I have done a lot of work to get it to where its at now. 35hrs smoh and airframe rebuild. Wings were rebuilt and engine built and balanced. All new fabric and paint. So much new it's hard to cover. New bungees,sonex carb, c90 stroker, ptt setup (no electrical), new tail wheel tire, brakes just serviced... chute & condition inspection included for right price. It's hard to find a plane for this price let alone a running flying aircraft, it's not perfect (paint on metal parts leave some to be desired) but it's a flying aircraft.

Asking 11,000 obo.

https://i.imgur.com/1hUKGfs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ItoLjli.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobrasdh

Reaction score
Price lowered to 10k obo. Need it gone! Message for pictures since mine wont show up here!

Cobrasdh

Reaction score
Yes that would be helpful! Located in Marion, Iowa.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I see a Mini offered with a small engine I can easily picture it in my hangar. I've always thought they would be a nice ride. Good luck.

Cobrasdh

Reaction score
Every time I see a Mini offered with a small engine I can easily picture it in my hangar. I've always thought they would be a nice ride. Good luck.
Thanks! I wouldn't sell it but it doesn't make any sense for me at my local airport. It begs to be flown off grass and we are losing our grass runway.

Dennis5678

Registered Users
Reaction score
Ah, paved runways are not that bad Sir.
Is the landing gear a little pinched-in? Looks like that maybe a problem on paved runways.

SFCHiatt

There’s no such thing as too much horsepower.
Reaction score
Price lowered to 10k obo. Need it gone! Message for pictures since mine wont show up here!
Do you have it listed on Barnstormers? Mini biplanes are for sure a niche market, my Super Baby Great Lakes is NOT for sale and I'm still getting offers. Maybe I should list it for sale to make the offers go away. Just Kidding of course, anyway, I have bought and sold several planes using Barnstormers. Good Luck!

Cobrasdh

Reaction score
They aren't pinched in anymore. It flys off of concrete just fine, just isn't as fun to me!

I need to relist on barnstormers but it was up there.

Cobrasdh

Reaction score
Price lowered to 9,000 for a winter sale! Would like to move it asap!

Ed Walker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm late to the game here, but are Smith Mini Planes able to be broken down for trailering or shipping?

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not hard to disassemble and trailer . 10ft. trailer I pulled one of mine from North Dakota to Okla and the other from Liberal Ks to Okla . Go for it . Sounds like a decent price and you'll have a world of fun . Looks like your first post , Stay tuned , alot to be learned here and Welcome aboard . Love the Smiths .

Attachments

Last edited:

Ed Walker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not hard to disassemble and trailer . 10ft. trailer I pulled one of mine from North Dakota to Okla and the other from Liberal Ks to Okla . Go for it . Sounds like a decent price and you'll have a world of fun . Looks like your first post , Stay tuned , alot to be learned here and Welcome aboard . Love the Smiths .
Ha! I'd say that's disassembled alright. It does look nice, but I'm looking for a two seater. But maybe.

Cobrasdh

Reaction score
Hey all I can't get this post to delete but the smith has been sold.

Latest posts