• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Smoke System Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toobuilder

Reaction score
I'm piecing together a smoke system for the Rocket, and while its not a priority compared to just getting it back in the air I figured I'd throw out a question thats been on my mind lately.

Assuming the typical pair of injectors as close to the exhaust port as I can get (cyl #1 and 2 on a 540), is there any benefit to pre heating the oil before injection? IIRC, back in my RC days, smoke system performance could be improved with the little 2 strokes by wrapping the smoke line around the muffler a few turns. Seems like the same thing would be easy to accomplish with some stainless hardline coiled around the primary tube on a Lyc.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this... If so, does it help, hurt, or make no difference?

Help me quiet the demons in my head so I can focus on more pressing details.

Latest posts

Back