• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Sneak Peek

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjkimball

Been there...Done that...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
In all the years we have been working on airplanes, we have had a few occasions where the customer didn't allow us to share progress photos of their project. They wanted to control the information and make a big splash when it was done. We respect the wishes of our clients in these cases and even restrict visitors from taking photos of some projects.

We typically have 3 projects underway at any given time so that we can best utilize the skill sets of our team here. The past few years have been unique because all three clients wanted us to either totally restrict any and all photos of the projects or at least let them put the word out before we did. Most people know we are restoring a Lockheed Vega for Kermit Weeks and many of you may have seen photos of the progress posted by Kermit on his Facebook page. I send the pics to him and he shares them. The other 2 projects are new custom built airplanes, one for a client in the northeast and the other for a client in the upper midwest. These 2 projects have been kept totally under the radar.

The time has come to begin to leak out some teaser pics of one of these custom builds. I can truly state that we have never had the opportunity to build such a special one off airplane as this one. Our client not only encouraged us to take it to the next level, he took part in the process by creating thousands of special parts for the airplane and even created tools to bring to life one of my ideas for fastening metal to the airframe.

So, without further adieu, I present... PROTON

IMG_2796.jpg

Latest posts

Back