• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

So long 24B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirota

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sad to report that N24B, CB-1 serial # 535, was hurt in a ground taxi accident. A student pilot, on his first solo cross-country, ran through a hold short instruction. I jumped on the brakes as soon as I saw him but his left wingtip (Piper Lance) ran into my prop and cowling. The damage was minimal but the cost of a sudden prop stoppage teardown and new prop was high enough the other guy's insurance carrier made me an offer to buy the plane that I couldn't refuse. I had hopes of buying the plane back as salvage - she was a sweet flying airplane, but they received a silly offer from a salvage company.

I hope the salvage company will sell it as a project and 24B will fly again someday. In the meantime, I won't be Hatz'n for a while. Intellectually, I know this is the right decision, but I'm struggling emotionally. Breaks my heart to see her go.

Dave Sirota

Attachments

• IMG_1512.JPEG
    IMG_1512.JPEG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back