• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

SolidWorks models of common hardware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fidot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks!

Thanks to Bill (cwilliamrose), I collected a good set of SWX models of various HW and such that Ive been using around a lot. Meaning to do this for a long time now, Ive finally did get around to it, and organized everything onto a page on my website (with a GitHub repository behind -- and don't worry if you don't know what GitHub is).

I think starting such a library will be a good tool for newcomers that do CAD but don't want to chase / draw all those parts out. If you can contribute, please do! Just ping me directly, and Ill help post your models into that library.

http://79ft.net/pages/solidworks-models.html - a page on my site with all the models' download links and screenshots

https://github.com/fidot1983/swx - direct link to GitHub. Go there if you just wanna grab the files and not see the screenshots :)

If you would like to contribute, I would be more than happy to include your models :)

Moderators, if you think this is useful to be hanging out there, we could make this sticky...

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back