• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Some 5" wheels

DennisV

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some other stuff that was in the boxes that came along with my 'Duster project. 5" Goodyear wheels. One has an axle like maybe it was used for a nosewheel (yeah, I know -- what's a nosewheel). One of the others is missing the bearing and snap ring, and they probably need bearings, etc. Not sure what you'd put these on, but if anybody needs them, whaddya think? Maybe $75 plus shipping for all 3?

IMG_20201227_134201.jpg
IMG_20201227_134211.jpg
IMG_20201227_134222.jpg

dabfly

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some other stuff that was in the boxes that came along with my 'Duster project. 5" Goodyear wheels. One has an axle like maybe it was used for a nosewheel (yeah, I know -- what's a nosewheel). One of the others is missing the bearing and snap ring, and they probably need bearings, etc. Not sure what you'd put these on, but if anybody needs them, whaddya think? Maybe $75 plus shipping for all 3?

View attachment 6View attachment 60686View attachment 60687
0685[/ATTACH]View attachment 60686View attachment 60687
[/QUOTE]View attachment 60685View attachment 60686View attachment 60687

DennisV

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was there supposed to be some text there?

dabfly

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Dennis, your wheels look like they could stand some work. Do you think they can be made airworthy again. Damage, corrosion, etc?
What do you think of sending your wheels to DE? Duane

DennisV

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, aside from the issues I mentioned, they are in remarkably good condition. Though I would have no issue shipping them to DE, they've already been snatched up. Apparently they belong on an Aircoupe. Sorry. :)

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I wondered, I have Goodyear wheels and brakes on Miss Smith and they have the brake disk cast on. And yes I take great care of them and they haven't failed me in all these years but I only use them for run up, nothing else.

DennisV

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These did not have the integral brake disks.

Latest posts