• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Somebody - Tell me I'm crazy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boredof172s

Reaction score
On the outside, I keep saying that I've decided to build a Skybolt. On the inside, I can't get the 12 out of my mind. It's that big burping radial. I know it's way more airplane than I'll ever need, and to be candid, it scares me a bit. My plan is only to compete locally. No airshows or anything crazy.

Would I be nuts to build such an aircraft for aerobatic/sport use? The 'Bolt is a fine aircraft. I do get a little concerned regarding the gross acro weight. At a 1650 acro gross and two adults, you can hardly put enough fuel in to taxi. The 12 doesn't seem to have an issue with gross. Definitely going to cost more to build and to operate. I don't know - so many variables. :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Latest posts

Back