• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Soon to be new builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToddOsborne

Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Todd Osborne and I just registered for the forum. I am planning to start building an Acro Sport 2 in the next few months. I have to move first and finish a basement, one that will of course include a nice workshop for me to work in.

I am writing this just to introduce myself. I live near Madison, WI so trips to Oshkosh are an annual affair for me. I have been flying since 1988 and hold a private license with instrument rating, and have just started my aerobatic training with Mike Love at Morey in Middleton, WI. Had 4 lessons so far in a 152 Aerobat and am addicted :)

I started building an Acro Sport in college in 1988, but life got in the way. Since then I have started building 3 different Zenith Zodiac's to various levels of completion, but life got in the way. I also built a Hytek Hurricane in the late 90's that is still flying today. The plan for the Acro Sport 2 is to just build it slowly as time and money allow, and temporarily suspending the building when things get tough, but not sell it.

I don't have any questions (yet), just wanted to introduce myself. If there are any other builders of wood/fabric/steel aircraft in the Madison area I would love to hear from you. I have been a member of EAA for over 20 years, but am just getting back into aviation after a long break. I will be attending the next Middleton EAA chapter meeting. My woodworking skills are pretty good (I learned this in a college airframe class), but my metal working, escpecially welding, needs a lot of education. I am finding a lot of great information on this forum.

I also have a blog at crossplains.blogspot.com with a short video of my first aerobatic lesson. Yes, I did get a "bit" sick :)

Latest posts

Back