• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Spencer Aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smutny

Biplane Addict
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to plug a local, growing company. 10 years ago I worked for Spencer Industries, Aircraft was a subsidiary.

As you work on your aircraft this Winter, getting them ready for the flying season, keep Spencer Aircraft in mind for all your supply needs. Long time company (founded in the 1940's) with an energetic new owner! Give them a try!

Customer made video:
[ame="http://youtu.be/y3HZoShWI6k"]http://youtu.be/y3HZoShWI6k[/ame]

Looks like a nice destination John. But no transponder etc, also no alternator. I think I remember a plane originally built with no engine driven electrical system could go under the floors of the 30 mile circle but have not checked the regs to see if that applies to newer planes such as mine. The wife and I used to enjoy Snohomish and the Corn feed flyin but then came mode c. We did get a transponder and encoder later on but then things were not the same with different owners at the restaurant. Will have to check the regs.

will

Will... as for the transponder. In Part 91.215

(5) All aircraft except any aircraft which was not originally certificated with an engine-driven electrical system or which has not subsequently been certified with such a system installed....

I use to fly my T-craft under the Philly TCA all the time... actually the airports I kept it at were underneath the 30nm veil. You don't even need to talk to them.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the former President of this company retains any interest at all? Do any profits at all go to this person? A short google search will show why I am asking this.

If I were this company I would change my name. I feel terrible for the people associated with this.

I googled but seem to be missing the details. Company problems??
They are in my "bookmarks" but I have not used them as a vendor.

Sorry for the late response. I just saw this post. John Thanks for your support! Yes I purchased the company a year and a half ago. I am actually a commercial roofing contractor. I saw a need for customer service as this industry seems to be lacking (not by all, but by many). The Spencer name has over sixty years of history and I thought it would be a shame to change the name because of one individual. And no he does not own any of the business or share in any profits.

We have made many changes and have created quite the local attraction. We are just now starting to really advertise and attend national events (see our banner on this site :) ), so make sure to stop by and say hi. Our next event will be in Alaska May 4&5. Unfortunately I will not be there personally as we had already made plans to go to the SuperCross in Las Vegas (we are big fans of this sport as our son races Flat Track and some motor cross)

At any rate, We can use and appreciate all the help we can get. Please go online or call Steven in customer service, and let me know what we can do to improve. If there are products you would like us to carry let us know and we will do our best to become a distributor (it also helps if you ask manufactures at the various trade show if Spencer Aircraft is a supplier of your product. if they say no, then say why not and tell them we should be. Give them our contact info www.spenceraircraft.com :) ). Every little bit helps. Thanks again, and I hope I can bring value to this forum, and provide the customer service you deserve.

Thanks Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back