• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Spinners

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I still need a spinner like in post #4 at the link below. Remember this is for a 0-235 not a 0-320 or larger. 10" or 11" dia. by 14" long would be ideal but am getting desperate. There was a place at SnF that was selling used spinners located over by the school building on, I believe, at the south end that had a nice selection but not what I needed, I took a card to contact them later as they thought they had one back home but, typical for me, I lost the card! :eek: Any ideas on who that might have been or where I might find out? The problem I'm having is getting something that looks good to my eye. I don't want the little pointy type like a 172.

http://www.biplaneforum.com/showthread.php?p=136201#post136201

I have two beautiful spinners I will post later this week for sale. Both for larger engines, both 12" dia., both bought from posters here, both have the ballistic shape (that I want), not the straight side shape.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a nice spinner, 10 dia. X 14" long. Prop cut outs are 4" from back plate to the front edge. The bolt pattern is 4 and 3/4" (4.75" type 2). The second flange sits 3.5" in front of the back plate. This for the 0-360 I'm told. It is as nice as it looks, I paid $200 for it and will take that plus shipping. Any questions please ask, I got this DHonkomp earlier this year, hoping I could make it work but no joy.

Red Spinner.jpg

D.grimm

Registered Users
Reaction score
Larry,
I have a really nice Piper Colt spinner for a 0-235.
I'll post pictures later today. 12in, definitely not pointy.
Dave

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Grimm, thanks but the 12" won't clear the starter bump! Need under 11". That bump has been a pain in my life! :mad:

TFF1

Reaction score
Starter bump intact or trimmed exposing starter head. Most I see are trimmed.

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
Larry,

Dave

Hey Dave,

How much are you looking for, for your Piper Colt spinner I might be interested.

Steven

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
Larry,

Dave

Hey Dave,

How much are you looking for, for your Piper Colt spinner I might be interested?

Steven

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

How much are you looking for, for your Piper Colt Spinner? I might be interested.

Steven

D.grimm

Registered Users
Reaction score
Let me get a couple pictures.
Two bulkheads and a spinner.
I'd like to get $200.00.
No cracks and polished.
Dave
P.S.
10% for the site please

image.jpg

Last edited:

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a nice spinner, 10 dia. X 14" long. Prop cut outs are 4" from back plate to the front edge. The bolt pattern is 4 and 3/4" (4.75" type 2). The second flange sits 3.5" in front of the back plate. This for the 0-360 I'm told. It is as nice as it looks, I paid $200 for it and will take that plus shipping. Any questions please ask, I got this DHonkomp earlier this year, hoping I could make it work but no joy.
Here are some pics of the bulk heads for the red spinner. You can see profile and general condition of the spinner in post #3

Red spinner1.jpg

Red spinner2.jpg

Red spinner3.jpg

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
After spending years looking for a spinner that I like, fit, (10.250" dia and longer than normal) and had a reasonable price I have almost settled on a UHS Spinners out of Canada. Any opinions on their quality? Scott is the gentleman I'm dealing with and seems very nice and accommodating.

Latest posts