• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

squaring wings to fuselage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garry c

Reaction score
I am doing a recover and rebuild on my acro 1 and i plan on installing leading edge plywood. I have been told to make sure the wings are square before the ply goes on. the drag wires were loose when i removed the covering so i knew i would have to sqaure them.i leveled the fuselage and droped plum bobs from the tail post and near the firewall and poped a line for thrust center line,then plum bobed from the wing roots of the lower wing front spar. then poped a line 90deg across the thrust line and lined the wing spars up to it with the drag wires.looked great by eye but when i measured from the tail post to the wing tips it was off by 1 1/2 in. should i square to thrust line center or to the tail post?Edited by: garry c

Latest posts

Back