• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Starduster 1 project or parts plane

Andrew (Andy) Duncan

This was my baby - Sold it. Need a replacement!
Reaction score
20190903_124307.jpg

This Starduster is sitting in a hanger at 54CL in Riverside County, CA and is part of a collection of 17 aircraft being sold by the Estate of the previous owner. I offered to post it here for those interested in obtaining either a Starduser One project or parts.

Landing gear, tailwheel, and flying wires all looked OK. One wing tip has some damage. Condition of the fuselage, spar and ribs is unknown. No engine or instruments. The plane has been in long term hangared storage in a very dry climate and all the planes I looked at seemed, superficially at least, corrosion free. I think that Jim, the fellow selling the planes on behalf of the owners widow, would like to see "a few thousand" for it but would certainly be open to offers.

For those interested in other biplanes -- they have a gorgeous Rose Parrakeet -- O200 continental 110hrs TTAE for around $30k and a beautiful Bucker Jungmann "The Dark Knight" with an IO360 and a killer paint job -- with (I think) about 200 hours) for around $75K.

Contact Jim Howeson at 941 224 4101 for more info

20190903_124501.jpg
20190903_124419.jpg

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey thanks Andy, I sincerely appreciate your interest and update for others looking for these biplanes. But it is not a single place SA-100 Starduster! It is the SA-900 V-Star, and as such may be more appealing in that it would easily meet the light sport category, the other problem might be title, builder logs, and documentation, all not deal breakers if in fact it has never been registered, and for a plans built one could find ways to resolve this. However it appears that the wing tip damage may have been caused by dragging a wing tip? Dave

Andrew (Andy) Duncan

Reaction score
I should have realized it was a V-Star. I suspect it was once a flying airplane.

Jim -- the family friend (and pilot) who is assisting the family to sell the aircraft will be able to tell anyone interested the Tail Number -- and they can pull up the FAA records. Builder logs? Unlikely but possible -- for most of the aircraft I looked at the owner was OCD about records -- but this one????

Unfortunately the one person who might have the history has passed away. . . . .

Andrew (Andy) Duncan

Reaction score
I am headed over Vermont on Friday to look at the Acroduster. Passed on the Rose Parrakeet (beautiful as it was) -- It is a small plane, and although I fit easily, at 77, I no longer have the flexibility to get in and out easily -- I would be in serious trouble if I needed to get out in a hurry LOL. The Bucker was AMAZING -- but way beyond my budget LOL.

Andrew (Andy) Duncan

Reaction score
It really is Timbob -- I would not be surprised if they would be perfectly happy if you just pulled up with a trailer, took off the wings and hauled it away. I have reached the age where I probably have very few flying years left (at least if I am honest with myself) and I would rather fly than build. Lol

Dana

Reaction score
I really like the V-Star as an economical (and LSA) option. There's one on Barnstormers now... with an 0-290, which makes it a lot less economical, and maybe even not LSA?

Herbert

Reaction score
If only it was on the East side! I think the V-Star has a lot of potential.
I have a no damage AC II project for sale in Central VA- email me at [email protected] for pics and description if you have an interest. Has SAW, but engine was sold separately. Also advertised on the site

Latest posts