• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Starduster 1 project or parts plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew (Andy) Duncan

This was my baby - Sold it. Need a replacement!
Reaction score
20190903_124307.jpg

This Starduster is sitting in a hanger at 54CL in Riverside County, CA and is part of a collection of 17 aircraft being sold by the Estate of the previous owner. I offered to post it here for those interested in obtaining either a Starduser One project or parts.

Landing gear, tailwheel, and flying wires all looked OK. One wing tip has some damage. Condition of the fuselage, spar and ribs is unknown. No engine or instruments. The plane has been in long term hangared storage in a very dry climate and all the planes I looked at seemed, superficially at least, corrosion free. I think that Jim, the fellow selling the planes on behalf of the owners widow, would like to see "a few thousand" for it but would certainly be open to offers.

For those interested in other biplanes -- they have a gorgeous Rose Parrakeet -- O200 continental 110hrs TTAE for around $30k and a beautiful Bucker Jungmann "The Dark Knight" with an IO360 and a killer paint job -- with (I think) about 200 hours) for around $75K.

Contact Jim Howeson at 941 224 4101 for more info

20190903_124501.jpg
20190903_124419.jpg

Latest posts

Back