• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Starduster for Sale in California

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew (Andy) Duncan

This was my baby - Sold it. Need a replacement!
Reaction score
This weekend I went and looked at a lovely Starduster at KAPV Apple Valley just north of Ontario, CA. I was very, very tempted to buy it, but at 77 with arthritis, getting into the rear cockpit was really tough and I decided to pass - I finally have to face the reality that my flying days - certainly in an open cockpit bipe -- are coming to an end :-( Last time I flew a Starduster was 8 years ago.

It is up on Barnstormers.com and is certainly the nicest looking Starduster I have seen - paint is gorgeous - a 10/10. I spent two hours looking over the plane using my old Starduster Annual Inspection checklist -- and while I did not cover everything it looked good and had reasonable logs including a file of builders logs.

It was completely rebuilt (airframe and engine) in 2003 and has only 15 hours since then - but was hangared in Spokane until last year when it was trucked to KAPV and reassembled. Certainly "everything" looks new and there was no sign of exterior corrosion

The engine is an O435 with a newly rebuilt pressure carb. It looked great on the outside BUT I did not do a compression test or oil analysis.

Owners seem very flexible and willing to allow the purchaser to use the hangar for a spell to check out the airplane, stay a while and test fly the plane in the pattern etc etc -- or to help dismantle it. etc.

I was such I nice looking plane that I thought I would post the info here -- however, if you get excited about this airplane as I did - caveat emptor and do your due diligence.

Latest posts

Back