• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Starduster History N7X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Kris has an uncontrolled lust for radial powered Stardusters, but his ranger powered Starduster AKA (Range Duster) is a much better flying airplane in my opinion, as I have flown both.

So this is for Kris Lotahp1. I would rather be working on my airplane, but here goes!

N7X Built by Wil Neubert

Wil Neubert started building this Starduster back in the late 60s, he lived in Long Beach CA, and later Arroyo Grande CA He started an aircraft business called Wil Neubert Aircraft Trading Post and sold all kinds of aircraft parts and hardware. He also had a booth at Oshkosh for many yrs, and owned a Single place Starduster N717 MD built by Mark and Marcel Deley. He was a WWII Navy veteran, and it certainly shows In the paint scheme he chose for this airplane, It was on the cover of Sport Aviation in 1975, and I think he won an award best engine or biplane then as well not sure?
The airplane was later sold to George Ramin of Houston TX in the early 80s and George still owns it. Dave

N7X  Inflight Long Beach small.jpg

N7X Building Long Beach2.jpg

N7X Building Long Beach 3 small.jpg

N7X Building Long Beach 4 small.jpg

N7X W&B 5 small.jpg

N7X & N7691 in Houston Tx 6 small.jpg

N7X Letter George Ramin 7 small.jpg

N7X Letter George Ramin 8  small.jpg

N7X   Will Neuberts 220 HP radia smalll.jpg

Latest posts

Back