• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Starduster II for sale

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you give done performance numbers? I'm not a buyer but it might help sell and I'm always curious about different engines on Starduster Toos. That's a very good looking plane!

Kris
Oklahoma City,OK
Currently restoring a Ranger powered Starduster Too

Mmartin1872

Reaction score
My dad doesn't know specific performance numbers because he never bothers to figure then out. He always says "most pilots lie about them anyways. "

I haven't gotten to go in the plane because he Flys it so little that by the time he feels current enough to take family the "open cockpit" season is done.

He told me on the ground or handles better than his piper Clipper but worse than my Stinson but that is because of visibility.

He also says that it is a heavier plane but the extra power sure makes it fun to fly.

His only real complaint is that the windscreen is either too far forward or cut down too much because the wind rolls over the screen and dumps into his face requiring him to have to wear goggles.

The engine was a260hp io470 but the cobbled together fuel injection system that was on it when he bought it had been removed and it had a carb now. So I'm guessing the hp is down around 245 now.

It's a nice plane and i truthfully hope it doesn't sell until i get a chance to fly it which i would hope would be this coming spring/summer.

Mmartin1872

Reaction score
I figured out one problem.. The airplane is being sold for 23,000 U.S. I always forget that airplanes are sold in American dollars

Mmartin1872

Reaction score
It is.. We haven't been seriously selling it. As in, we want to sell it, and haven't been advertising. It's just not getting enough use

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry just looked, your at least 20 hours flying time away and in Canada too. Not in my realm of possible.

Latest posts