• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Starduster II Repair Project $6700

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie-flyer

Reaction score
Completed and first flown in 2000. Lots of great flying fun for 13 years until a ground handling incident :mad: caused significant damage... too much for me to deal with so I have decided to sell it "as-is".
Engine is a sweet-running Lyc IO320 mated with a Hartzel constant-speed hydraulic prop (engine and prop from a twin Comanche). No oil leaks and burns only about one quart in 6 hours operation.
No engine or prop damage from the incident (no prop strike!)
Cessna Main gear . Cleveland wheels and brakes.
Alternator. Light-weight geared starter. Instruments basic steam-gauge.
Always hangered here at KTQH (Tahlequah Oklahoma)
At age 83 I no longer have the physical or mental energy to do this repair.

Are you thinking about building a biplane? You could fix this one and be flying years sooner and for a small fraction of the money than by starting from scratch plus you will not likely find an engine/prop combination that runs this good for this money.

Located in NE Oklahoma........text at 918-931-9435

a41_annot-c30-jpg.29384

a45_annot-c30-jpg.29385

first-flight-composite-jpg.29386

Latest posts

Back