• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Starduster One Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperSloth

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hello, I am new here and very new to the hobby. I was looking on craigslist at airplanes people had on there mostly just to amuse myself but i came across a biplane project not to far from me. Ended up trading a rifle for the project and towing it back with me!

I have not really begun much work on it yet as i want to make 100% sure that it is what i think it is, which is the purpose of this post. I am almost certain it is a Starduster SA100, but i am puzzled because it seems to have a couple extra feet of wing on it over the starduster specs that i have seen. I am thinking that was a decision by the previous builder, but i figured i would post some pictures and see if some of you experienced Starduster enthusiasts could confirm.

There was no information of any kind with it unfortunately, but for what i traded for it, it still seemed well worth it.

I am an extreme beginner i will be the first to admit, so please forgive me if i am a bit of a dunce about some things! I am still halfway through my A&P education, so it is a pretty huge undertaking in my mind, but like i said i just could not pass it up!

Anyway, really hoping that someone could confirm that it is (or isn't) a starduster sa100, and then i will purchase the manual and get started. I am also trying to determine if it is dope or stits, but that can wait for now.

Thank you in advance and once again, sorry for being such a newbie!

6s4v.jpg

oy6d.jpg

xbnl.jpg

dk18.jpg

0l1i.jpg

ie5c.jpg

fp6y.jpg

79to.jpg

8vkz.jpg

dk84.jpg

rp4h.jpg

Latest posts