• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Starduster plans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian257

Reaction score
I have tried several times to sign up for the Duster list on the Spruce site with no luck. Hopefully I can get my questions answered here. Looks like a great list.

I have a 95% completed Starduster Too with two partners. We have the plans and I also have the "Building the Gold Duster Manual". The plans I got with the project are about 30 pages of large drawings. A lot of the drawings have circled numbers pointing to parts to identify them. Some of those parts are fabricated and shown elsewhere in the plans and identified by the number. Simple enough.

Some of the parts are standard hardware like nuts, bolts, rod ends, etc. They don't give the standard AN or MS part numbers for the parts by the part, the circled numbers are also not shown anywhere else on the plans.

We are far enough on the project and most of the parts are obvious enough that we can figure out what to use. I am just wondering if there is something missing from the plans we got. Is there some type of builders manual, parts list, or something that is missing? I would not want to just buy a complete new set of plans and get what I already have. Spruce can not seem to answer my question either.

Latest posts

Back