• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Starduster SA-100 (not mine! On eBay)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw this and seems like a great deal. Soooo many planes and sooo little time and money! But seriously folks. This is worth looking at. It comes with a spare 0-290 also. I’d love it to put a 4cy LOM in! But kids tell me I gotta finish the Range Duster before I buy anything else!

This is ad . Has about 5 days left.

Item number 292364449285

SA -100 Single place Biplane 0290 Engine 185-TT
Less than 100 of these are licensed and flying today.
Unique and strong aircraft. Amazing quality of construction.
Lost Medical must sell. Comes with a spare engine - 0290 spare engine with log books..
Can qualify for light sport category. I have a set of plans that go along with it.
Aircraft was built by a machinist, excellent quality aircraft. I currently have removed the wings and have them in a custom, carpeted sling supported rolling wing rack that goes with it.
100% complete. Reassemble, do a condition inspection and go flying.
Took me one full eight hour day to disassemble and load for shipping. Reassembly should be about two full days.I currently run the engine once a month (airplane is stored inside hanger) for thirty minutes. Engine has brand new fire resistant fuel & oil lines that i just recently installed, has a clean belly system. Best friend told me the original owner only did old man aerobatics. I purchased from his widow. I have not flown aircraft, I lost medical right after I purchased it. Oil is changed regularly. Good compression on all cylinders. No oil burn that I detectable. I have put ten hours on engine since I got it.
Hate to sell my baby, but I cannot use it. My loss is your gain. I have well over fifteen thousand invested in this aircraft and lots of man hours cleaning and inspecting etc. I have bore-scoped the inside of wings and the engine and I see no damage or issues.
Registered as an experimental. The registration is current and in my name.
Located in Theodore, Alabama in my hanger. Never stored outside always been keep inside of a hanger.
Has strobes, GPS, Radio etc.
I can deliver for the cost of truck rental & fuel and any required travel expenses. (food, hotel) I can find my own way home so rate would be one way from my location to yours.
On Dec-10-17 at 17:33:27 PST, seller added the following information:
Spare engine according to log book has 421 hours approximate time.

It was removed from a flying Thorp T-18 when owner up sized his power plant.
72/75/79/72 was compression on the cylinders 21 hours before being removed from service in 2008. Stored since then.
IMG_5563.jpgIMG_5564.jpgIMG_5565.jpgIMG_5566.jpg

Latest posts

Back