• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Starduster SA100

TFF1

Reaction score
My friend is wanting to sell his Starduster SA100. 0-290G with flange reinforcement. Completed 1982, 586 hrs total time, King KY 97A Radio, King KT 76A Transponder, Encoder, Garmin GPSmap 96 GPS, Location: Memphis, TN. Asking $11,000. I will try to answer any questions. [email protected]

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a buyer but you may post what the fabric is and age. What the paint is and age. And a pic of the weight and balance paperwork so people can review it to see if it's a fit before you get a lot of the same questions. Also might post the known cruise speeds at what rpm, and stall speeds. These are just some generic questions that you will probably be asked multiple times. Looks like a deal at $11k! Hope she finds a new happy home.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it. Would be nice paired with my SA750:)

I don't know , the way things are he might be lucky enough to even have to answer those questions once.....to the guy who is really interested in buying it? Other than fabric age (which if not otherwise mentioned I would figure was 1982), no one puts that other stuff in their ads.

If I'm interested I need to TALK ( I wish I needed to talk):D

Last edited:

TFF1

Reaction score
If anyone needs to talk all one needs to do is email or pm and I will give you my number. It is not a show plane; just an inexpensive little biplane. I believe the lower wings were recovered, not sure about the top; fuselage is probably original. He is selling because he is out of room and needs it to finish his project. It gets flown a couple of times a week.

Steve H

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking plane. And flying!!!

Steve H

RickRice

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the Memphis area and a member of the local EAA and IAC chapters, and I've never seen it before. Looks nice. Where's it based? I'm in and out of DeWitt Spain and Charles Baker on a semi-regular basis. Thought I'd seen all the fun little biplanes in the area.

TFF1

Reaction score
DeWitt Spain is the place. It never goes far. It will go to Baker but does not stop just T&Gs. The owner had a hanger at Baker, but moved over to Spain to be closer to home. Me at the most Northwest hanger( work), him hanger next door.

TFF1

Reaction score
Bumping the little plane up.

TFF1

Reaction score
Airplane still needs a home.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to see that someone has not flown this one to his new home. If I wasn't airplane poor already..........................

Jack

TFF1

Reaction score
The sale has not really been pushed; still being enjoyed but he wants to taste something else.

will moffitt

Will moffitt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really like the paint. I love mine with 150 hp and now I want more power, never happy but it won't happen. Looks like it would sell in a heartbeat.

will

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
TFF1 Is this Starduster still for sale? I have a friend that use to own a Starduster Too an old guy that is looking to buy one? Dave

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No S... !

I hope Marcia can't read my mind. I'm thinking of calling my partner to be in April and have him write the check NOW! Have him go ahead and buy our hangar and I'll clean the crap out of it to make room for the new SA100........

All I need is another airplane?

I'm thinking, I'm thinking, I'm thinking........Oh S... I I think she can read my mind, she just woke up and is coming down the stairs.....got to stop thinking...

Hold on a minute......

No she didn't read my mind, just making some more coffee, came in to fetch my cup and had a smile on her face.....

Whew....that was close.

I'm thinking........:D

Jack

TFF1

Reaction score
Now now. You got a great airplane. and then you would have to worry about 3 planes. He is not heavy to sell yet. its in the way of him finishing another plane but he goes through hobby switches, and he is on fishing right now. New boat, new camper. Sometime around mid summer he will either be flying it every day or it will be on Barnstormers. He has a RV7 too.

Latest posts