• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Starduster Too Project for sale

Oldgamenut52

Reaction score
Hello. I'm not knowledgeable (as suggested in the rules for membership) but I am friendly, and I do have a list of parts. My husband passed away in June and I need to sell his project. I found a partial list of things available for the Starduster Too such as: fuselage on gear, welded, fiberglass turtledeck, torque tube/sticks, bell cranks, rudder/brake pedals, motor mount, firewall and stringers(stand-offs for stringers welded to fuselage), new cleveland wheels/brakes, new wheel pants, new nose bowl(comanche style), wings, upper center section and ailerons complete and varnished (wings have sparcraft laminated tip bows), tail surfaces and interplane struts welded, materials and hardware for fuel tanks cowling and baffles, some new instruments, maule and 3200 scott tailwheels, new oil cooler, N.O.S. P-51 mustang stick grips with switches, 180 hp straight-valve Lycoming 0360-AIG6 (pickled)with prop governor, 63 HRTTSN with book (and more)? Not sure what that means but we are still clearing out the garage. My son and I are asking $8,000. If we are way off please let us know. Offers accepted. I'll email pictures if interested.
[email protected]

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like to me it is more than a fair asking price, as the engine alone is probably worth the asking price. The problem today is a soft market for airplanes in general, and unfinished projects are not in high demand. The stuff that seems to be selling is either exceptional, or viewed as a light sport airplane, that can be flown without a medical. But the price is certainly right, maybe even a bit low although the Starduster Too is an appealing airplane, you might also think about advertising it on Barnstormers, and Trade A Plane. It is my goal to help others with their airplanes, so that they will not get hurt, both financially, or physically. PM sent.

Here are some pictures of the project. Dave

Starduster Too Project 1.jpg

Starduster Too Project 12.jpg

Starduster Too Project 11.jpg

Last edited:

Oldgamenut52

Reaction score
Thanks for the information Dave. I've listed it in Trade A Plane and received one call. I'm so glad I found this forum. I've already had three inquiries today! Hopefully, someone will be able to put this Starduster back in the air.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I posted some pictures of this project.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was closer I'd be tempted to get a cash advance and go fetch it for the engine, shoot I'm tempted anyway...... But I hope someone gets it to put into the air.

Jack

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have been E-Mailing with the woman selling the project, I knew her husband from yrs ago, and am trying to determine if there are flying wires with the project, if so with the engine, and flying wires it would be a very good buy and an incredible start for someone that wants to build a Starduster Too? Dave

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave, can you offer any insights on if the fuselage was a “factory welded” one or? Also any insight on the engine? It was a “Lycoming test engine” and logs do say only 63hrs and removed from sn 003 (unknown what plane that might be) in 1972. It was lubed for storage back then but it’s a core...although. Maybe a good core.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Kris, I do not know,but believe that Mike did all of the welding, the mount may have been factory, and as for the engine you apparently know more than me. Mike was like all the rest of us trying to get the best deal, and took what he could get. You are correct the engine if indeed was pickled,(What does that mean?) should be considered a core only, and then it is a 50/50 chance it is a really good one. But my opinion is all that's there plus the engine, and if there are flying wires it would be a smoken hot deal at that price!

All I am trying to do is help her see it go to someone that will finish it and get her out of the headache of storing it and having no real world idea of what its worth. Dave

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave, sounds good. I have a friend here in Okc that I’m trying to get to jump as I agree it’s a good deal I think to if it has wires etc. She is looking to see if gas tanks might be somewhere but I don’t see them and looks like the mounts for tank isn’t welded in yet so maybe he hadn’t got there yet.

This project is fairly close to me. St Louis MO. If I can get my buddy to jump on it we might go look. The engine is a crap shoot being last run in 1972. I’ve attached the pics of logs the seller sent me of logs.
IMG_0516.jpgIMG_0517.jpgIMG_0519.jpgIMG_0520.jpgIMG_0521.jpg