• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Starduster Too Repair project $7600

okie-flyer

Reaction score
Completed and first flown in 2000. Lots of great flying fun for 13 years until a ground handling incident :mad: caused significant damage... too much for me to deal with so I have decided to sell it "as-is".
Engine is a sweet-running Lyc IO320 mated with a Hartzel constant-speed hydraulic prop (engine and prop from a twin Comanche). No oil leaks and burns only about one quart in 6 hours operation.
No engine or prop damage from the incident (no prop strike!)
Cessna Main gear . Cleveland wheels and brakes.
Alternator. Light-weight geared starter. Instruments basic steam-gauge.

Are you thinking about building a biplane? You could fix this one and be flying years sooner than starting from scratch plus you will not likely find an engine/prop combination that runs this good for this money.

Located in NE Oklahoma........text at 918-931-9435

a41_annot c30.jpg

a45_annot, c30.jpg

First Flight composite.jpg

Jon and Starduster in hanger.JPG

Starduster Over River 0406.jpg

Timbob

Reaction score
Wow, glad your ok, I met you at Bartlesville and you had the experimental fuel injection you created....

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m in OKC and if anyone wants me to look or if I can assist I’d be glad to help. I’d like to see this sold and rebuilt not bought for the engine for a RV.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pm sent. Also if anyone is interested in the engine for another Biplane...hint hint Jack? I might be interested in project for my sons to do after my Ranger SD2 is done.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pm sent. Also if anyone is interested in the engine for another Biplane...hint hint Jack? I might be interested in project for my sons to do after my Ranger SD2 is done.

Here we go, got me thinking again. Might have to go ask grandma for a loan. Oh well, Marcia has been mad before. My college room mate is in Caney, KS. Overdue for a visit....:D

(Kris. If you ever have a chance to meet Marcia have her go through a metal detector)

Jack

Last edited:

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little duct tape, safety wire, Gorilla Glue and a couple ratchet straps from wingtip to stab. I bet I could fly it home................. On 2nd thought make that a LOT of duct tape!

Jack

(not to make light of your misfortune, glad it's only a broken airplane and not a busted up pilot)

Last edited:

okie-flyer

Reaction score
Wow, glad your ok, I met you at Bartlesville and you had the experimental fuel injection you created....
Tim, You have a super memory... that was many years ago!:)

Best regards,
Sid

okie-flyer

Reaction score
Here are two photos of the engine installation.
(I'm not sure where these will appear or even if they will appear as I just can't get my head around this weird website:confused:)

Latest posts