• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

State Use Tax

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z32MadMan

Reaction score
A question for those of you who have more experience on the subject than I do.

I am a FL resident, planning to buy an airplane and keep it in TX.

The FL use tax specifically states that if the sale occurs in state or the aircraft is brought into the state within 6 months of the sale, then the use tax is due. That won't be an issue, because I don't plan on taking the plane down to FL (although I am sure they are going to try anyway and convincing them that the plane never entered the state may be an interesting battle).

TX has a use tax as well which is due if the plane spends more than 50% of the first year or is ever hangared in state. My question: is the tax intended only for TX residents bringing aircraft in? Anyone have experience with a similar situation or have some light to shed on the issue?

Latest posts

Back