• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Steen Skybolt for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyng4fn

Reaction score
Skybolt price lowered to $2400.00 Skybolt airframe. All professionally welded. Including landing gear,rudder pedals, rudder,elevator and horizontal stabilizer. Purchased two years ago. I am unable to pass my medical so I am selling it so someone else can finish this beautiful airplane. There are two sets of plans included as well as a binder with Steen Skybolt builders notes. Also the materials for building the "I" trusses and extra tubing for standoffs and fair leads will be included. If you need someone to transport your airplane I can recommend a transport service that I used. He is very careful in loading and transports aircraft all over the country. STANDARD DATA: Gross wt. 1,680. Empty wt. 1,080. Fuel capacity 29 gal. Wingspan 24'. Length 19'. Engine 180-hp Lycoming.

PERFORMANCE: Top mph 145. Cruise mph 130. Stall mph 50. Climb rate 2,500. Ceiling 18,000. Takeoff run 400. Range 450.

The Skybolt is a two-seat acrobatic biplane designed by Lamar Steen. It first flew in 1970 and received the EAA award for “Best School Project.” The Skybolt is stressed to +12Gs and -10Gs. The fabric-covered wings are built around two spruce spars. The fuselage is a fabric- covered welded steel tube structure. The aircraft can be fitted with engines ranging in size from 125 to 260 hp.

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back