• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Steen Skybolt For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StinsonPilot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I guess it's time. I'm offering my Skybolt to the forum members before I go on the open market with it.
It's been a great Biplane and I hate selling it. The Hiperbipe has replaced it. Wish I could keep it along with the Hiperbipe and Stinson.

Asking $39,500 and will consider reasonable offers.

Completed in 1977, TTAF 622 Engine TT SMOH 973.31
Empty weight: 1209.7 lbs

I've just removed the 3 blade Performance Prop and installed a freshly OH Hartzell HC-C2YK-4CF Aerobatic Propeller 0 TT SMOH (just overhauled with "B" hub) and Hartzell governor PN F6-3A just OH.

Mechanically, I'd call it a 9, aesthetically I'd call it a 7.

I will be flying it, I have to fly the 5 hr test time off, and will probably fly a little more. Haven't flown it much the past year due to travel, flying the Stinson & Hiperbipe and flying test time off on my buddies Skybolt.

It will be missed...

I may be able to include a Strong 304 Seat Chute. It's over 20 years, but if you send it to Strong, they'll inspect it on condition. It's in great shape.

IM me and I'll send a Data Sheet for additional info. Log book pics available.
Skybolt Airborn.jpg
Rattlesnake Ledge fly by.JPG
20160607_180844.jpg
20160724_115338.jpg
IMG_3927.JPG
IMG_3556.jpg
20150428_153451.jpg
IMG_3932.JPG
New Cockpit Front.JPG

Attachments

• SPECIFICATIONS for N111PG.doc
    25 KB · Views: 20