• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Steve's ASII Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve03G

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it's probably time I post up some photos of my ASII project and hopefully add to this amazing resource. My journey started when a project close by came up for sale. Unfortunately it didn't end up in my garage (another one did instead, that story for another post) but it did firmly plant the building bug in me. Late last year I bought a set of plans and earlier this year I bought the wood for the wings.

Rib construction officially started in June and I finished the ribs in September. The lower ribs are also fit to the spars (I'll have to get a recent photo).

20150618_204306.jpg

20150818_201628.jpg

20150913_164954.jpg

Tonight, I made another leap turning smaller parts into bigger parts by gluing up my first aileron. As you can see, I used precision scrap pieces and electrical tape to hold things square. I used a pin nailer to secure the ribs to the spar and I plan to remove the nails after the glue sets.

20151007_183428.jpg

More fun to follow!! :D

Latest posts

Back