• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Stewart eco fill primer

airplanegeek

Reaction score
I have 12 gallons of unopened eco fill primer. Free. Pick up in Lancaster Pennsylvania.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish you were closer, I'd take you up on that.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cameron, have Kendall ship it Fastenal, store to store. They are bringing me an engine for $140 shipping so 12 gallons should ship for around $100 or less ??
Pretty cheap price to pay for 12 gallons of eco fill.

garyg

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have been trying to sell 2 gallons for a year. so the only price that works is to give it away with no shipping costs?

doesnt seem to have as much value as it did when it was bought.....

airplanegeek

Reaction score
as
I have been trying to sell 2 gallons for a year. so the only price that works is to give it away with no shipping costs?

doesnt seem to have as much value as it did when it was bought.....
as stated - Free for Pick up only - the next stop is my paint hazardous waste drum.

IanJ

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
As I recall, most Stewart products are pretty clearly labeled as "good for one year," so I can imagine that buying older product is only interesting if you need it right now.

jakelake

Registered Users
Reaction score
I don’t think ecofill qualifies as hazardous since it is water based. Just spent some time with the Stewart guys at sun and fun. They have some very interesting metallic paints they are developing. I think it was on this forum that there was discussion about the blue 3M glue and their glue being the same product for a 3rd of the price. I asked the owner of the company about that. He said he knows lots of experimental guys are using the 3M product but said it is not the same. He would not elaborate about the differences but said their product looks the same but it’s not. It’s made special for Stewart. He would not say anymore than that so he might have been trying to avoid the issue. If you are covering a certified aircraft you have to use their glue.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think ecofill qualifies as hazardous since it is water based. Just spent some time with the Stewart guys at sun and fun. They have some very interesting metallic paints they are developing. I think it was on this forum that there was discussion about the blue 3M glue and their glue being the same product for a 3rd of the price. I asked the owner of the company about that. He said he knows lots of experimental guys are using the 3M product but said it is not the same. He would not elaborate about the differences but said their product looks the same but it’s not. It’s made special for Stewart. He would not say anymore than that so he might have been trying to avoid the issue. If you are covering a certified aircraft you have to use their glue.
I call BS. From what I’ve learned the only difference is the bottle it comes in..... but we are swaying from Kendal’s topic....

airplanegeek

Reaction score
I call BS. From what I’ve learned the only difference is the bottle it comes in..... but we are swaying from Kendal’s topic....
sway all you like - its like trying to sell ice to an eskimo........and yeah BS. Its the same stuff, maybe a different factory quality control system, but it all comes out of the same pot.

TFF1

Reaction score
For Stewart to call it the same is technically not. For whatever the Quality Control checks are, once it hits those it is considered an airplane part where once before it wasn’t. It would start to be a slippery slope if they said it was the same and certified customers started using off the shelf stuff to be cheap. The FAA would pull their certificate and issue an AD on all the airplanes covered with it to cut it off. How would you be able to tell? There is a reason they have to be lockstep with their answers. I have seen plenty of airplane parts that were the same from Grainger. That different part number is the world in aviation. Physical is fantasy to the FAA. Real is paperwork.

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For Stewart to call it the same is technically not. For whatever the Quality Control checks are, once it hits those it is considered an airplane part where once before it wasn’t. It would start to be a slippery slope if they said it was the same and certified customers started using off the shelf stuff to be cheap. The FAA would pull their certificate and issue an AD on all the airplanes covered with it to cut it off. How would you be able to tell? There is a reason they have to be lockstep with their answers. I have seen plenty of airplane parts that were the same from Grainger. That different part number is the world in aviation. Physical is fantasy to the FAA. Real is paperwork.
I once came across the PDF tech data sheets for both products. The info was exactly the same, except for the logo in the header. Having said that, defer to TFF1 above....

dabfly

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Kendall, do you have any left? I will be in Lancaster tomorrow afternoon.

Duane

Latest posts