• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Stewart System Fabric covering course

Vic Zubot

Reaction score
I am hosting a Stewart System fabric covering course in my shop here in Disley Sask. on May 3rd-4th and 5th. Ron Wyers from Western Aviation Services in Grand Forks BC. is the instructor. To register to take this course and for more information call Ron Wyers at 866-678-1234 or E Mail westav.ca you can call me for more info also at 306-731-2249.

Vic Zubot

wandersen

Reaction score
Hello Vic,

Would the closest airport to fly into be Regina (Bonanza type aircraft)?

Do you have a course syllabus?

Ward

Vic Zubot

Reaction score
Yes Regina is the closest large airport, it is thirty miles from Disley. I do have a grass runway one half mile easy of Disley, CDS2 and it is listed in the Canada Flight Supplement as well as COPA web sight.

The Fabric covering workshop is an intensive 3 day course on general fabric covering techniques using the Stewart System Products. The course begins promptly at 0830 hrs. with a discussion of safety issues and general fabric covering. The course is designed to present the methods of covering in discussion form followed immediately by practical hands on experience for each step. The participant actually covers a control surface from the preparation stage all the way through the completion of spraying on color.

pudljumpr

Reaction score
Im just finishing my second aircraft with stewart system and I highly recommend the system and taking a course.

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

wandersen

Reaction score
Yes Regina is the closest large airport, it is thirty miles from Disley. I do have a grass runway one half mile easy of Disley, CDS2 and it is listed in the Canada Flight Supplement as well as COPA web sight.
Hello Vic,

I'll make some phone calls tomorrow and likely will sign up. Regina should work as the airport of entry. We could jump up to Disley, but mud season and rental cars could be a bit of a problem. I'll let you know when we sign up and ask about local lodging etc.

Ward

Vic Zubot

Reaction score
Nice to here from you. Lots of snow here right now and it just does not want to warm up. We have twice as much snow as normal this winter. Last winter no snow at all. The runway here in Disley should be good by then. I have been keeping it open most of the winter. The soil is sandy and never really gets muddy. When you are ready for more info just give me a call.

Vic

Latest posts