• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Stewart's System Primer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
So awhile back when I built up my canopy I was planning on using the entire Stewart's system for covering my project. I got a small container of their primer to put on my canopy skirt. First I was spraying regular lacquer high build primer to fill the pin holes. Then put 3 coats of Stewart's primer on it. I didn't like at the time how it sanded and planned on sanding it all off at paint time. It was so gummy. Well I was just sanding the front and rear of my canopy skirt for clearance to the turtle deck and front skin. The primer just kept rolling up on the end as I sanded the carbon. So I grabbed one of the rolls and pulled it off. Then this happened and I'm glad it did, as I pulled it all right off!

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1402858650.921074.jpg

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1402858668.928475.jpg

Latest posts

Back