• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Streamline Wires FS -- Various Lengths and Sizes

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
These were purchased around 1980 for a unique aerobatic airplane design. The airplane was never built and these are new surplus. They were made by MacWhyte and most of them are still in their shipping sleeves. One size is a close match for a Pitts S-1-11 flying wire, there maybe be others that match common sizes. Or they may be just the ticket for that new design or replica you're building.

I'm asking $75 ea for the AN673 sizes and $200 ea for the AN675 sizes for the rods only, no hardware. I will take offers and would make someone a nice deal on the lot. Buyer pays shipping costs. Shipped to the lower 48 states only unless prior arrangements are made.

ScreenHunter_744.jpg

Last edited:

cwilliamrose

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Bump to top -- see below for changes to pricing and what's included;

These were purchased around 1980 for a unique aerobatic airplane design. The airplane was never built and these are new surplus. They were made by MacWhyte and most of them are still in their shipping sleeves. One size is a close match for a Pitts S-1-11 flying wire, there maybe be others that match common sizes. Or they may be just the ticket for that new design or replica you're building.

I'm asking $65 ea for the AN673 sizes and $150 ea for the AN675 sizes for the rods only, with hardware -- forks, pins and cotter pins for both ends. The forks and pins will likely need to be re-plated due to the cadmium turning chalky but they are new parts that have been stored since purchase. I am open to offers and would make someone a nice deal on the lot. Buyer pays shipping costs. Shipped to the lower 48 states only unless prior arrangements are made.

View attachment 349

mbd29a

Reaction score
Hi William:

I'll take one of the 68.5, AN675 wires. Drop me an email and I'll get a check to you.
Mike Butler
4586 Island View Dr.
Oshkosh, Wi 54901
921-231-8593

Thanks
Mike

cwilliamrose

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Revised inventory;

Streamline Wire Inventory.jpg

cwilliamrose

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Email sent.

cwilliamrose

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Current inventory;

Streamline Wire Inventory.jpg

I'm asking $65 ea for the AN673 sizes and $150 ea for the AN675 sizes for the rods, with hardware -- forks, pins and cotter pins for both ends. The forks and pins will likely need to be re-plated due to the cadmium turning chalky but they are new parts that have been stored since purchase. I am open to offers and would make someone a nice deal on the lot. Buyer pays shipping costs. Shipped to the lower 48 states only unless prior arrangements are made.

cwilliamrose

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Revised inventory;

ScreenHunter_1363.jpg

I'm asking $60 ea for the AN673 sizes and $140 ea for the AN675 sizes for the rods, with hardware -- forks, pins and cotter pins for both ends. The forks and pins will likely need to be re-plated due to the cadmium turning chalky but they are new parts that have been stored since purchase. I am open to offers and would make someone a nice deal on the lot. Buyer pays shipping and fund transfer costs. Shipped to the lower 48 states only unless prior arrangements are made.

Latest posts