• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Strong seat chute FS

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
26' conical seat pack

Manufacture date 11-79

Last re-pack 05-12

$375

Call Nick @512-897-2209 or email @ [email protected]

3-3-13 020.jpg

3-3-13 021.jpg

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Not sure. I'll look and see if I can find out.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure the 26' is around 180 pounds. I bought a 28' for a +200 pound rating.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Couldn't find anything on the weight rating (Im under 180 so it never came to mind)

I did see on the parachute that it also says "Beta Emergency Seat Parachute P/N102" by Butler Parachutes so I think the canopy is the part made by Strong

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
All the Strong rigs and parachutes are TSO-ed for 254lbs.

Butler containers are very high quality also.

But the bigger the parachute the better.

I fly with Strong rigs.

Best of luck,

Wes - the parachute rigger.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Better deal- $375 shipped to the lower 48

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
340 shipped or 300 if you pick up. Can have re-packed for additional 65

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
As an old rigger I wish I had seen your offer earlier. I just don't need it right now, old chutes do not scare me at all! However competing in IAC sanctioned events does have an impact. I am taking my old rig to Sun N Fun, if for some reason it is not repacked, believe me I will be back here looking yours.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Thanks Larry. I figure if a reputable rigger doesn't have a problem signing off on it, then it is good to go. A buddy of mine had a different brand chute recently inspected by my rigger that failed the tear test. I feel bad for my buddy because his chute is no good but it makes me feel better about my rigger because I know he is actually inspecting the chutes.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Jack Hooker (Hooker Harness) has a good rigger for me to see at Sun N Fun. If it goes there I will not be afraid of it.

L

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Larry. I figure if a reputable rigger doesn't have a problem signing off on it, then it is good to go. A buddy of mine had a different brand chute recently inspected by my rigger that failed the tear test. I feel bad for my buddy because his chute is no good but it makes me feel better about my rigger because I know he is actually inspecting the chutes.
If you can get a hold of him :)

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
There is a sale pending as of earlier this week. Forgot to update the ad

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
It is now sold. Thanks for all the interest

Latest posts