• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Super Acro Sport 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gha111

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Super Acro 1. Does anyone know what the distance between the gear is supposed to be? Mine is 5'-5" from c/l to c/l of the tires. The angle of the tires is cocked in considerably. Looks very funny from the front and tire wear on the outsides is going to be considerable I'm sure. (New tires now). I have found specs. for the Acro 2 and it calls for 6' 3/4" but don't know if mine is supposed to be the same. It has bungee struts that have already had a 2" splice on each side, but I can't imagine them being 2" shorter at one time so I don't know what the splices are for except to look ugly. Since the struts are going to need surgery to lengthen them, I was thinking of just buying the Wag die spring kit for $250 and just get rid of the big bungee bag look. Any comments or advice. gha111

Latest posts

Back